Monday, April 18, 2011

for real this time.

Last year when I began using my iTunes as a way to listen to Christian podcasts, I stumbled upon one called Daily Audio Bible. This podcast takes you through the Word of God in 365 days. It is read by Brian Hardin, and each day he reads a portion of the Old Testament, a portion of the New Testament, a small part of Psalms and a small part of Proverbs. Brian has been doing this podcast faithfully for 6 years.

When I originally downloaded the 2010 version, I only listened to about 2 or 3 days and (I'm ashamed to say) called it quits. This year, however, I decided to give it a go "for real this time". On March 26 I made a commitment to read the entire Bible in a year. I set a deadline for myself for March 26, 2012. Since I did not start until the end of March, I am about 3 months behind the rest of the Daily Audio Bible family. Each day I try to read at least 2 podcasts worth of the Bible so I can - hopefully, eventually - catch up with DAB in real time.

The Lord has been wonderful in answering my prayers to keep me in the Word every day. Before work each morning I listen to a podcast and read my portion of the Bible for that day while I'm eating my breakfast. It's a wonderful way to start the day. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm a morning person now, but I definitely enjoy my mornings (which is something I could have never said truthfully in the past).

If anyone else is thinking of making the commitment to read the entire Bible - even if you need to set your goal for longer than a year - the DAB podcast is a wonderful companion! Follow this link to the iTunes store to download it free.


Have a wonderful week!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment