Thursday, September 8, 2011

running.

I used to say, "the only time I'll ever run is if someone is chasing me with a knife or I'm chasing the ice cream truck". The closest I ever came to running for leisure was speed walking through the mall. I tried so many times to "run" and quit after 5 minutes. So I thought I should share this little tidbit:

I have started running.

Yes, I get off of my big fat butt a few nights a week and move my legs! I can't believe it either. I'm not talking about anything special here. I am not fast. I do stop and walk to catch my breath because if I don't I will fall over and get hit by a car. But - I am so proud of myself that I'm actually doing it and I actually enjoy it. I am signing up for a 5k next month and am very excited about it. I am certainly not a "runner" but at least I don't have to consider myself a "sitter" anymore, either!

With love,

Lauren

PS - If anyone in the area is interested in running this particular 5k to support our fallen heroes, you can register here.

2 comments:

  1. I will sign up as soon as I get some extra $$ to my name. If you need me to, I can drive that ice cream truck in front of you so you can run faster haha. We can both benefit from that, I can eat all the ice cream I want while laughing at you running after me lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you, Lauren.
    Too funny, Brittnie! I bet she would chase you for miles.

    ReplyDelete