Wednesday, January 25, 2012

happy.

Has it really been two months since my last post? Can so many amazing things really happen in just two months? Since I last wrote my life has made a drastic change for the better, and I owe all the glory to God. The Lord has been so wonderful to me lately and I feel so unworthy but so grateful. I signed my contract with La Porte ISD today. I am an official TEACHER. FINALLY! Beginning Monday I will be on the faculty as not just a tutor and sub (which is what I've been doing the past two months) but an actual have-my-own-classroom teacher. I have just fallen in love with the precious kiddos and am so happy that I will see them through to the end of the year.

I also was accepted into the Counseling Program at UHCL in December. After months of not hearing anything and assuming I wasn't considered as a potential candidate anyway, I got an interview and was told I was accepted into the program. They only took 11 of us. It is a cohort system so we will start and finish the program together every step of the way. My cohort will be my family for the next 3 years! And Lord willing, I will finish my MS in Counseling in December '14. I am already overwhelmed by the workload I am faced with this semester. I went from working at a bakery and having a ton of free time (though it never felt like I really did but still) to a full-time teaching position on top of graduate school. Wowza. God had a plan for me. If I had found a job at the beginning of the year I never would have applied to grad school. At least not this year. It will be difficult but I have this amazing and calming feeling that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. I couldn't be more thrilled.

My Mother moved to Austin for 3 months to go to school as well. It is so weird not having her around but she is finally getting to do something that I know she will be happy with the rest of her life. I miss her but she is coming home this weekend for Caden's musical.

Speaking of, opening night of Lil' Abner is tomorrow and I can't wait to see my brother in it as Available Jones. Go Caden!

I have been tutoring a 6th grader two nights a week at the library and have really enjoyed it. I love helping her out with school. She told me she has really improved over the last few weeks in math class and I was so proud of her! Plus I finally realized how awesome libraries are and how I have been missing out pretty much my entire life. I can check out up to 75 items at one time? Yes, please. I have been on a reading binge lately but will most likely not be doing much free reading this semester. At least I got all of the Hunger Games knocked out over Christmas.

I really didn't want this to turn into a wedding blog once I got engaged, but it's not like I have to worry about that anyway since I hardly ever write anything. However, so much has gone on in the wedding process. Back in October we set our date, got our venue, and I got my dress. That process was quite stressful on me so afterwards we went on a wedding hiatus. I finally realized we needed to keep making progress so about two months later we marked more things off of our checklist. We ordered our save-the-dates tonight and I can't wait to send them out. My wonderful friend Christina and her husband Colin took some engagement pictures for us in College Station. We got some great shots at the Century Tree and in Downtown Bryan. She was so much fun to work with! Our engagement pictures with our actual photographer are next month. Basically now that the stressful part is over (well, not really but a little bit - I am just stressed by nature) I am having fun with the little things. Picking little details for the ceremony and reception and trying to make a lot of things myself. Thank goodness for Pinterest.

Michael is doing great and loving his job. No complaints there. I hope I will find the time to write more this semester. I really want to be able to look back and see what I was doing during that crazy time in my life as a first-time teacher, grad student and wedding planning bride! Ah!

God is so amazing ALL the time.

Lauren

Oh and by the way... I have stuck to my sweetener guidelines successfully. I no longer use sweet-n-low! Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment