Tuesday, November 15, 2011

that awkward moment...

...when the lady at the nail salon puts on gloves before giving you a pedicure.

I went with my mom tonight to get a pedicure at a nail salon close to home. I've been there before when I used to get pedicures about once a month, but I stopped after I graduated college and would bet my last pedicure was about 9 months ago. We went through the motions of picking out colors and sitting down to let our feet soak and whatnot when my nail tech, we'll call her Amy, slaps on a pair of gloves. I look and my mom and whisper under my breath, "my feet are so disgusting she has to wear gloves!" I glance around the store and notice no other woman giving a pedicure is wearing any. We couldn't help but bust out laughing. In my defense, she did have fake nails painted a fancy purple, so there's a slight chance she didn't want to mess them up. Or maybe Amy is a germaphobe Emma Pillsbury type who goes to great lengths to stay sanitary. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

At least my feet feel awesome now!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment